Here at The Altta Group, we help companies comply with Workplace Regs 1992 & HSE Guidance and Approved Codes of Practice in relation to vehicle control and operations within the workplace. To equip employees with the skills and understanding of the roles of the vehicle driver and banksman in reversing operations within the workplace.
This is especially required where a substantial risk has been identified. This would be the case in the role as a Shunter driver within a site. Obviously, a fully qualified LGV driver would have the necessary skills to be able to perform his/her role but it could be argued that they could be lacking in the knowledge covering their responsibilities. As there is no legal requirement for drivers of LGVs driven on company premises to have a full driving licence this course would also satisfy the legal requirements under the HSAWA 74 and PUWER 98.
Shunter course content:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment
- Regulations 1998
- Yard safety assessment
- Vehicle and Trailer checks
- Coupling and uncoupling to DSA test standards
- Safe parking of trailers
- Workplace Transport Safety to HSE standards
- Manouvering laden and unladen trailers
- Theory test
- Reversing assessment
- Our instructors have a wealth of experience in this area, they have all trained novice operators to the DVSA test standard and they have all shunted vehicles around yards in the working environment. This helps us bring realism to the training environment.
For a novice wishing to become a shunter, the course would be 2 days
For an experienced shunter, the duration of the shunter course would be 1 day
Course Contact Form
If you have any questions or are interested in our courses, please fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.