Certificate of Professional Competence
If you own your own fleet or have the overall responsibility for a fleet of vehicles that exceed 3500kgs including any trailer or semi-trailer, then the law requires that you hold a Certificate of Professional Competence. This is not to be confused with the Driver CPC.
By successfully completing the Management CPC course you will be able to apply for your own operating licence (‘O’ licence) covering National or International journeys.
Our transport manager CPC training course will give you, peace of mind that you have the basic knowledge and understanding of how to manage a fleet of vehicles legally.
Our Management CPC training course is held at our Peterborough academy. The exams will take place at our Peterborough OCR approved exam centre. The R1 multiple-choice exam is taken online which means that you will get INSTANT RESULTS the R2 case study is still carried out as a written exam.
Ways to study our Management CPC course:
We pride ourselves on our professional standards and also delivering top quality training courses at a time that suits you, so we have a range of ways in which you can carry out your training.
- A 7-day intensive course where you attend 7 consecutive days of training with exams at the end. We would recommend you consider this course if time is tight and you are the kind of person who can retain information easily.
- 10-day course split into 2 days per week over a five-week period. We would recommend that you consider this course if you have to work and study or if you need time to read through the information a few times to help you retain what you have learnt.
- Evening classes, we can also run transport manager CPC courses as an evening class over several weeks. We would recommend this training course if your daytime employment or commitments restrict you from attending the daytime training.
- Home study is where we provide you with study notes that you read through yourself and study at a time that is convenient to you. We would strongly recommend you only attempt this approach if you have experience within the role of transport manager or if you find it very easy to retain information from reading books. Support is available via email from one of our experienced tutors.
- Business & Company Law
- Industrial Relations
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Financial Management
- Commercial Conduct of Business
- Organisation Charts, KPIs and Work Plans
- Business Taxation
- Operator Licencing
- Drivers Hours and Records – Basic Requirements
- Drivers Hours and Records
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Vehicle Taxation
- Transport Ancillaries and Contracts of Carriage
- Electronic Data
- Weights and Dimensions of Vehicles and Loads
- Safe Loading of Vehicles and Transit of Goods
- Mechanical Conditions – Plating and Testing
- Mechanical Conditions – Fleet Inspection and Enforcement
- Driver Licensing
- Traffic Regulations & Speed Limits
- Traffic Accident Procedure
- Vehicle Costing
The exams are in two parts. 60 multiple-choice questions lasting a maximum of 2 hours. 8 written questions known as the case study. This exam is open book and is for a maximum of 2.15 hours.
Once you have successfully completed the vocational training course you will be issued with a Level 3 qualification in managing road haulage. We also offer an update service, where you will receive information relating to the changes to legislation affecting the road haulage industry. Our multiple-choice exams are now taken online meaning you get instant results.
Course Contact Form
If you have any questions or are interested in our courses, please fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.