The Transport Manager Operator Compliance Awareness Course or Transport Manager Refresher Course is designed so that it can take place at your site or at our Peterborough academy. The course is taught by our highly trained instructors who hold both their National and International transport manager qualifications and who deal with drivers on a regular basis.
The course is designed to keep transport managers, supervisors and ‘o’ licence holders up to date with relevant law changes and changes in procedures.
Why is this training required?
Both the Traffic Commissioner and the Driving Vehicle Standards Agency expect transport managers, supervisors and ‘o’ licence holders to keep their fleets safe and legal. This includes making sure that their drivers stay compliant with drivers hours and the road transport working time directive.
With a busy schedule, it is easy for the transport management team to overlook a law change but this could have a detrimental effect against the ‘o’ licence and the efficiency of the business.
The Training Course: Day One
- Operator Licensing
- EC Drivers Hours
- Working Time Directive
- Environmental obligations and potential operator benefits (Legislative obligations and government/operator initiatives)
- Driver Licensing and arrangements (Inc. ‘Due Diligence’ and EU categories)
- Vehicle taxation (Inc. concessionary taxation schemes and supplementary tax/tariff schemes)
- Corporate Manslaughter
The Training Course: Day Two
- Analogue and Digital Tachographs
- Road traffic management and enforcement
- Vehicle roadworthiness (major items affecting fleet standards and enforcement)
- Vehicle weights and configurations (options of fleet configuration for operator resource optimisation)
- Loading and unloading vehicles (current driver and load safety standards and requirements)
- Threshold of Dangerous Goods and ADR requirements
- Road Traffic Accident procedures (operator and driver responsibilities and best practice)
- Reversing vehicles
The Transport Manager Operator Compliance Awareness Course listed above is a standard course but satisfies the Traffic Commissioner. However, you may wish to improve your knowledge in other areas so please make us aware of what you wish to refresh when booking your course.
Course Contact Form
If you have any questions or are interested in our courses, please fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.