Our ADR Training course in Peterborough is ideal for any driver who wishes to deliver dangerous/hazardous goods. This can be either an ADR refresher course or an initial ADR course.
An ADR driver is required by law to carry an ADR certificate when carrying goods that are in scope of the regulations.
This is true no matter what the size of your vehicle, ADR is about the size of the quantities of the goods being carried, so large or small ADR is for all. To carry goods that fall into scope of the ADR regulations you must pass an SQA test in the core element. The ADR certificate or otherwise known hazchem certificate is valid for 5 years and must be carried by the driver when carrying dangerous goods.
Before embarking on your ADR training course, you need to know what hazardous substances you will be carrying as an ADR course covers different classes of dangerous goods to be carried.
ADR Training course and ADR classes
The ADR training course in Peterborough comprises of:
- Core this must be completed
- Classes 2,3,4,5,6,8,9 and as far as we are aware we are the only ADR company in Cambridgeshire, that offer Class 1 and online examinations meaning instant results.
The classes are designed as to what you wish to carry:
- ADR Class 1 Explosives
- ADR Class 2 Gasses
- ADR Class 3 Flammable Liquid
- ADR Class 4 Flammable solids
- ADR Class 5 Oxodising Agents
- ADR Class 6 Toxics
- ADR Class 7 Radioactive (we do not offer this training but we can arrange for this to be carried out)
- ADR Class 8 Corrosives
- ADR Class 9 Miscellaneous
ADR training course duration
- 3-5 days Core Packages
- 3-5 days Core Tankers
- 5 days Core Packages/ Tankers
ADR and Driver CPC
The ADR training course that you undertake at our Peterborough training academy is also accredited so that you gain 28 hours of driver cpc. This gives you the benefit of gaining a qualification to apply for ADR jobs in Peterborough and nationwide.
If you wish to carry out an ADR training course at our Cambridgeshire academy, we are situated just off of junction 17 of the A1m so can easily service the Essex, Cambridge, Northampton, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Huntingdon, Nottinghamshire areas.
Course contact form